Text box

Please note that the problems that i face may not be the same that exist on your environment so please test before applying the same steps i followed to solve the problem .

Saturday 6 July 2013

Automating cloning 11i and 12i from production to development and staging

Hello,
I would like to share with you those nice notes for automating the cloning process in both development and staging environment

The Notes:
Note: 454393.1 - How I Used RedHat Command Line Utilities to Automate Rapid Clone on my Test and Dev Instances
Note: 345145.1 - Is There A Way To Automate The Prompts For Adcfgclone.Pl?
http://www.khondker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/how-to-automate-cloning.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mohamed. I was looking for some additional help on automating my adcfgclone appsTier step and the suggestion was to look into 'expect'. Your pdf example helped me to actually get it working so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,

    I am not the author of this pdf but it is a great source which you can automate E-Business suit in development and staging environment.I am happy that you now find a way to automate your environment.Please note that oracle provides another ways to automate your environment such as using the Application management Pack along with grid control by using smart clone technique.I tried to use it but i faced a database comparability issue as my database version is 10.2.0.5 and to use the smart clone technique you have to be on 11g Release 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. It's very much appreciated. Please note that The Note: 345145.1 is no longer available".
    As an alternative: "How To Run Rapid Clone (adcfgclone.pl) Non-Interactively (Doc ID 375650.1)"

    ReplyDelete